Friday 19 February 2016

Alex Griffiths - Welcome To The Team!

We are pleased to introduce our newest rider, Alex Griffiths to the Enuff team!



How old are you and where are you from? 
I’m 15 years old and I’m from London, UK


What age did you first start skateboarding and what inspired you to first pick up a board? 
I started skateboarding at the age of 7. My mum showed me a video of Tony
Hawk and I was hooked. 

Where is your favourite place to skate? 
Adrenaline alley Corby, Ramp City in Blackpool and of course my local, Baysixty6 

Had you heard of the Enuff brand before joining the team and where did you hear about it? What can you bring to the team? 
I saw some of the boards and they looked very cool and I had previously rode one and it lasted a long time. I hope to bring a lot of publicity to the team by attending competitions and travelling. 

Which skateboarders did you look up to growing up? Any local legends in your local 
scene or professionals you aspire to be like?
I have always looked up to the likes of Christian Hosoi, Pedro Barros and my favourite UK skateboarder is Sam Beckett.

How many people are in your group of friends that you skate with on a regular basis and which guys are essential to getting a good session going? 
I have a main group of skaters that I skate with at least twice a week: 
Tate @tate567816, George @_george_mason_ , Jannai @jannai_skates, Brinlay @brinlay to name a few. 



What is your all-time favourite skate video and which ones are you into at this moment in time? 
I love Pretty Sweet, that’s still my favourite to this day. 

Do you have a preference towards street skating, skate parks or vert, or are you happy to experience and skate everything?
My favourite thing to skate is definitely vert but I enjoy skating in as many different areas as I can. 


What was the last trick you learnt? What are the next three tricks on your hit list that you would love to learn. 
I learnt fakie eggplants on vert and I’m hoping to get regular eggplants on vert, 540s and front tailslides on vert. 

Are there any video parts you are working on personally which we will see in the near future or any competitions coming up that you plan to enter? 
I make a skate edit on my youtube channel (Alex Griffiths) every month summing up what I have done over the month. I participate in any competitions that I can get to. I do all the stops of the UK vert series as well as smaller jams across the UK. My main event this year is Vert Attack in Malmo, Sweden where I will be skating against the best vert skateboarders in the world who are my age. 

What do you think skateboarding holds for you in the future and what are your future aspirations? 
I’m planning to just continue to be stoked and to have fun, as well as push myself and see where it takes me. 

Check out Alex in action:



Be sure to follow Alex on Instagram @alex.griffiths and like his Facebook page

No comments: