Friday 30 June 2017

Catching Up With Elian Perger

We like to keep regular contact with our riders, so we decided to catch up with French rider, Elian to see how he's been getting on.

Hey Elian, how have you been? 
I'm fine because I graduated a couple weeks ago so I'm on holidays now!

It’s been a good few months since we last caught up with you. What’s new in your world, personally and on the skateboard?
Yeah it's been a while, I have been working on a video for 1 year now and I hope I will get to finish it at the end of the summer so I'm pretty exited about it. 




Last year you competed in the Championnat De France De Skateboard, hosted by the French Skateboard Commission, and this year you stepped up to the Street Seniors category. How was the competition this year?
This year's championship was fun  like every year, it's always fun to hang out with friends from all over France!

We saw that you missed the first two legs of the competition through injury. Have you fully recovered now? 
Yes it was annoying to stay at home waiting to get better but now I'm back on the road.

How was the quality of skateboarding in the championships this year compared to last year? Was the step up in skateboarding bigger than you expected, moving up a group?
This year for the first time I skated in the +18 category where the level is very high, so yes it's pretty hard to get through the semi finals, finals...



At the end of the competition you finished in 21st place out of 121 entrants. That’s a fantastic result! What have you learned this year, and what would you do better next year to move further up the table?
Thanks dude, I tried my best! And I don't know, maybe participate to all the rounds of the competition could be a great solution haha 



Well it’s been a pleasure talking to you as always Elian. Is there anyone you would like to give a shout out to before we sign off?
Thanks to you! I want to give a shout out to Clément, the cameraman of my video part. It's always a pleasure to skate with this guy!


No comments: