Wednesday 12 July 2017

Roxana Howlett - NASS 2017

Roxana Howlett took part in this year's NASS, and did really well, especially as it was her first time taking part, so we caught up with her to find out about her experience there...




Hi Roxana how are you? 
I'm great thanks just chilling after a long weekend at Nass. 

So Nass festival has been and gone for 2017 and I believe this was your first time attending the event. How was your first experience of Nass?  
I loved it. It was so great to skate all day with lots of different people from all over the world. The weather was really good too which helped. Watched some amazing skaters – really inspiring.


How did you find this year’s course to skate? Were there certain aspects of the layout you liked or didn’t like so much?
Everything about the course was really big but I liked it. The rails were a bit too high for me to hit but hoping I will get them next year. I liked the really big quarters, they were fun.


You competed in the Women’s Park Finals and got a hugely impressive 6th place at your first attempt. How do you think the competition went personally and is there anything you would do differently to move higher up the table next year?
I think it went well. I landed everything I wanted to except the stairset – which was pretty big - I kept landing on the bottom step.  Hoping after another year of skating I will be able to get the rails and stairset on the Nass 2018 course.


As always it’s been a pleasure to catch up with you. Is there anyone you would like to give a shout out to before we sign off? 
Yep sure! The mates I skated with at Nass - Lola Tambling, Rhys Bevan, Sky & Ocean Brown.  And also all the coaches at my local indoor, The Lodge – without their encouragement I wouldn't be a skater! 

Thanks guys

No comments: